Gloom And Doom
Available Platform: PlayStation®4 & Nintendo Switch™
Release date in Asia: 1st November 2021
Release date in Japan: Early 2022
Gloom and Doom is a visual novel throwback to 90s slacker movies – complete with the solitude and sarcastic retorts – but with a supernatural twist. Push a powerful but unmotivated wraith to complete his stagnated quest to enter heaven, while trying to kill the suicidal but unkillable Doom Bringer.
- 90’s outcast movies – The type of moody characters and isolated urban environments reminiscent of your favorite scenes from The Crow, Reality Bites, Edward Scissorhands, and Before Sunrise.
- A quirky cast of characters – Banter with unique characters like a skateboarding angel, a demon girl-next-door best friend, and the least humane humans around.
- A dark coming-of-age tale about a young girl and her ghostly guardian – The two main characters are stuck in a repetitive cycle of frustration and loneliness, not knowing what they’re meant to do. But together they’ll inspire each other to push for change, kill a few demons… and maybe destroy the world.
- Scratchy hand-drawn visuals – Original artwork in the style of 90s spandex superhero comics, with bold black outlines and heavily-inked blocks of shadows.
- 7 endings to uncover – You could save the girl, earn a place in Heaven, or cause the end of the world. Subtle and in-your-face choices throughout the game affect the sets of endings possible when you reach the final act.